Reading time ( words)
News from Belgium
- AT&S goes for Ucamco's Ledia Direct Imager
News from Switzerland
- Huntsman is joining a research programme combining industry and academic expertise
- Your questions answered: Large Hadron Collider restart
News from the UK
- New Sales Manager at Viking Test Ltd
- ICT Annual Symposium, Black Country Museum, Dudley, 3rd June 2015
- IMAPS UK Advanced Packaging Workshop, 4th June 2015
Printed Electronics News
- OLEDS as wallpaper
- Concrete solar wall
News from WECC members
- IPC Releases Market Research Report on Issues and Outlook for Lead-Free Electronics in Military and Aerospace Applications
- IPC Standards Committee Reports - Data Generation and Transfer, Supplier Declaration, Electronic Documentation, EHS, Management, Intellectual Property
Click here for the International Events Diary 2015
Click here for the complete SpeedNews Issue 14
Andy Shaughnessy, I-Connect007
There was some good news this week, as Republicans and Democrats managed to cooperate long enough to pass the CHIPS Act. Members of the House and Senate don’t usually act until they get worried about being voted out of office, so pardon me if I’m not ready to sing “Happy Days Are Here Again” just yet. But this is still really good news; the politicians are on the record now, and we can hold them accountable.
Pete Starkey, I-Connect007
With his knowledgeable insight into the business and technology of the printed circuit industry, Dr. Shiuh-Kao Chiang, managing partner at Prismark Partners, has put a global perspective on the challenges of the 2022 PCB market. His presentation at the EIPC Summer Conference in Orebro, Sweden, on June 14 was eagerly awaited by an attentive audience, keen to share his vision. From his comments, it was clear that 2022 will be an interesting year and does not appear particularly friendly for the PCB business.
Nolan Johnson, I-Connect007
The Top 5 list this week contains industry analysis from IPC’s Shawn DuBravac, news on the passage of the U.S. “CHIPS Plus” bill, new materials from Ventec, news about a fab for sale, and a chemistry company completing their acquisition, plus a brand new book in the I-Connect007 eBooks series.