Reading time ( words)
MEMS Industry Group (MIG) will host its third annual MEMS Executive Congress® Europe, March 11, 2014 in Munich, Germany. This European edition of MIG's highly successful executive event features an opening presentation by MIG Executive Director Karen Lightman and keynotes by X-FAB Group CEO Rudi de Winter and Robert Bosch President of Automotive Electronics Klaus Meder. Panels exploring micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) as a core enabling technology in automotive, consumer, and health and wellness, as well as several featured speakers, complete the one-day conference program.
"From the smartwatch on your wrist to the thermostat on your wall, MEMS is dramatically improving the consumer experience at decreasing price points," said Karen Lightman, executive director, MEMS Industry Group. "MEMS is the foundation of the connected car, connected home and even the connected city. And it is advancing new classes of health and wellness products that will enhance our quality of life in countless ways. With European companies and research organizations at the forefront of new developments in these markets, MEMS Executive Congress Europe allows the global MEMS community to tap into European innovation. Event attendees will gain a deeper understanding of the technology behind a 'MEMS-enabled life.'"
- Rudi de Winter, CEO, X-FAB Silicon Foundries
- Klaus Meder, president of Automotive Electronics, Robert Bosch GmbH
- MEMS in Automotive
- Marc Osajda (moderator), director, Freescale Pressure Sensor Business Unit, Freescale Semiconductor - Germany
- Richard Dixon (panelist), principal analyst, MEMS & Sensors, IHS iSuppli
- Frank Schäfer (panelist), senior manager product management, Automotive MEMS, Robert Bosch GmbH
- MEMS in Consumer Products
- Dr. Roland Helm (moderator), director & segment head, Microphone & Reliability, Infineon Technologies AG
- Jean-Christophe Eloy (panelist), president & CEO, Yole Développement
- Dr. Yannick Levy (panelist), vice president of corporate business development, Parrot SA
- Teemu Rämö (panelist), senior manager, Audio HW, Nokia Lumia Technology
OTHER FEATURED SPEAKERS
- Dr. Andreas Schüele, MedLab business manager, FESTO AG & Co. KG--will participate in the panel, MEMS in Health and Wellness
- Dr. Jörk Habenstreit, managing director, Research & Development Technology Software, Testo--will give a featured presentation
About MEMS Executive Congress Europe 2014
MEMS Executive Congress Europe 2014 brings together senior executives from the MEMS supply chain and companies integrating MEMS in a broad range of applications, from automotive and consumer to health & wellness.
It is a unique professional forum at which business leaders from companies designing and manufacturing MEMS technology sit side-by-side with their end-user customers in panel discussions and networking events to exchange ideas and information about the use of MEMS in commercial applications.
Premier sponsors of MEMS Executive Congress Europe 2014 include: Platinum Sponsor - EV Group; Gold Sponsor - SPTS Technologies, Silver Sponsor - Analog Devices, and Bronze Sponsor - Applied Materials.
Supporting sponsors include: acam, Akustica, Bosch Automotive Electronics, Bosch Sensortec, Fries Research & Technology (FRT), imec, IVAM, MicroTEC Südwest, Plan Optik, Smart Systems Integration, Solid State Technology, Tronics, Yole Développement and the ZVEI.
MEMS Executive Congress Europe will be held March 11, 2014 at the Sofitel Hotel Bayerpost, Munich, Germany.
For press registration, please contact Ingrid Daschner, European public relations on behalf of MIG, tel: +49 (0)89 89 40 85-11, email: .
About MEMS Industry Group
MEMS Industry Group (MIG) is the trade association advancing MEMS across global markets. More than 160 companies and industry partners comprise MIG, including Analog Devices, Applied Materials, ARM, Bosch, Broadcom, Freescale Semiconductor, GE, GLOBALFOUNDRIES, HP, Infineon, Intel, InvenSense, Murata Electronics Oy, OMRON Electronic Components, Qualcomm, STMicroelectronics, SunEdison, Texas Instruments and TSMC. For more information, visit www.memsindustrygroup.org.